Telephones of WW II
2005-W field telephones have been supplied to the USSR thru
Amtorg Trading, a New York corporation with 100-percent USSR
capital. The telephones were modified to accommodate a pair
of 2C (2S) dry batteries of USSR manufacture yet could run
as well, on two BA-30 dry batteries ("D"
designations on the 2005-W telephones as well as their
schematics have been made in Russian (Cyrillic) letters. WHD
= 280 х 230 х 115 mm, weight with two BA-30 - 5.4 kg.
information about 2005-W supplies to the USSR could be found
in the comprehensive War Department report of 1946.